Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default Free Books

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
Lobby Dosser wrote:
wrote in message
Lobby Dosser wrote:
For those who are not aware of Google's free eBooks, let me recommend
them for furniture styles and hand tool woodworking. Hundreds of
titles
from the 19th and early 20th centuries.

Search: furniture
Click: more
Click: books
Click: Free Google eBooks (about halfway down the menu column)

These books can be downloaded in pdf format. Ping me if you need help.

LD

Following your directions, I quickly ran across:

The practical cabinet maker and furniture designer's assistant: with
essays ... By Frederick Thomas Hodgson

I only read the preface, but it was an interesting read (on the old
versus
the new--and in this case, new is about 1910). Interesting stuff.

Bill

Yeah, you can learn a lot from some of this stuff. I haven't seen a
treasure
trove like this since I worked in a large library 50 years ago! Picked up
an
Illustrated History of the Civil War a few days ago. I knew google had
free
eBooks, but just got more deeply into it recently. Warning: it can be a
gigantic Time Sink!

You know about the Library of Congress photo archive, right?

Did they have my baby pictures? I've been looking for them everywhere.

I wondered whose kid that was ...