Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default Free Books

"Han" wrote in message
-MIKE- wrote in :

On 4/6/11 8:33 AM, Han wrote:
wrote in
:

At this point I could almost forego a laptop if the iPad, or any
similar tablet, would run programs like SketchUp ... one of these
days.

That's the problem, it's not a fullfledged computer ...

So what? What problem? It was never meant to be.
What's a "fullfledged computer" anyways?
My phone does a lot more than my first "fullfledged computer."

I'm talking about the iPad replacing my laptop. Can it run Word, Excel,
Quicken, Photoshop, or their equivalents?

See Android OS. Google makes it. Google makes SketchUp, Picasa (Photoshop
like), Google and others make word and excel equivalents for Android. A
number of tablets run Android. I've got one I paid $100 for. It only has a
7" screen, but larger Android tablets are available.