Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Free Books

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 14:25:41 -0700, Doug Winterburn
wrote:

On 04/06/2011 01:47 PM, chaniarts wrote:
Han wrote:
wrote in
:

On 4/6/11 8:33 AM, Han wrote:
wrote in
:

At this point I could almost forego a laptop if the iPad, or any
similar tablet, would run programs like SketchUp ... one of these
days.

That's the problem, it's not a fullfledged computer ...

So what? What problem? It was never meant to be.
What's a "fullfledged computer" anyways?
My phone does a lot more than my first "fullfledged computer."

I'm talking about the iPad replacing my laptop. Can it run Word,
Excel, Quicken, Photoshop, or their equivalents?

a lot of those are available in the cloud somewhere, so all you need is a
browser. so yes.

http://docs.google.com/

And "documents to go" does the "word thing" as well (on blackberry
and android, for sure, possibly others)- and MANY smart phones can run
"word lite" type applications like word mobile / office mobile - right
onboard - not from the cloud.