Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Sunworshipper[_2_] Sunworshipper[_2_] is offline

Default 2011 Census

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 11:50:08 -0700, Steve Ackman
wrote:

In , on Wed, 6 Apr 2011 10:37:59 -0700,
chaniarts, wrote:

the census has been over for a while now. results, by law, had to be turned
over to congress by 10-12-31. i'd suspect that these were fraudulant
attempts and i would ask for an official id from them before answering any
questions.

I should have googled before ranting. Then I'd
have known better what to rant about.

http://2010.census.gov/partners/pdf/ConstituentFAQ.pdf

27. Why was I visited multiple times?
Quality checks are used to assure our procedures are working and that staff
is doing the job as assigned. These checks require that some households be
visited several times.

35. I've heard talk about the American Community Survey. What is it and why
are you conducting it?
The American Community Survey is part of the Decennial Census Program.
While the 10-year census counts the number of people who live in the United
States, the American Community Survey shows how people live -- our
education, housing, jobs and more.
The American Community Survey asks essentially the same questions that used
to be on the long form of the census, except it is conducted throughout the
year and throughout the decade. This allows the Census Bureau to produce
new data every year, instead of only once every 10 years. So, while the old
"long
form" was a once-a-decade snapshot of an area -- one that grew increasingly
faded with age -- the American Community Survey takes a new picture every
year, creating a year-by-year look at how the area is changing.

Well thanks for clearing that up. I was starting to wonder cause they
seem to just love me. First kid quit after the first house. LOL and
then at least 2 more visits, last one was the boss. I've got a tax guy
like that also, aren't they suppose to set an appointment?

So, they just never go away, great.

SW