Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Free Books

On Apr 6, 10:18*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 07:55:45 -0500, Swingman wrote:
On 4/6/2011 7:44 AM, Han wrote:
*wrote in

For a contractor, one of the best tools around for day to day operations.

I was kidding of course!
I believe it from what I've heard about it. *It's NOT a deductible expense
for a retiree like me, although it is an option when this laptop dies.

At this point I could almost forego a laptop if the iPad, or any similar
tablet, would run programs like SketchUp ... one of these days. *

I'd love to see someone design an entire kitchen on a 4" screen.

--
Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for
anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one

I think the screen is big enough, ( it *is* way bigger than a 4") but
when drawing, I would need something a bit more precise than my fat
fingers... something like a pen. I do know that the 'touch' type
screens do not have the resolution of a proper CAD tablet.
The new iPad2 has a trapdoor for a mini card. Who knows what we'll be
able to load in down the road...
That just got me thinking... when is somebody going to write an app
that will let you use an iPad as a tablet to input to a CAD system.
Via WiFi even, assuming it has enough resolution. (Not video
resolution, but the overlay (touch) resolution.)
After using it as an input to CAD, then you could save your rendering
to the iPad.