Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Night Tripper[_3_] The Night Tripper[_3_] is offline

Default Ikea Wooden shelving - OTish question

Thanks all for the comments:

Yep, 'Sten' rings a bell, and in fact I found a reference to it
in the archives of this very group.

I might well end up building some as fred suggests. I need quite a stack of
shelves of the deeper kind. They probably won't be as cheap as the
originals, but with OSB shouldn't be too bad.

Some of my other shelves are of the later Sten variety, I think. I remember
noticing the coachbolts were of different sizes and got to investigating.
I'll measure them bosth up and post some dimensions. Though I don't remember
the shelves being rebated - the lateral pieces are square on both styles
IIRC. Could be wrong.

And apologies for hijacking the 'Nokia Chargers' thread. That wasn't my
intention, and I hadn't realised it had happeend until sometime later.

Thanks again
J^n