Posted to uk.d-i-y
Manticore Manticore is offline

Default Nokia chargers

Jethro wrote:
On Apr 5, 9:47 pm, Skipweasel wrote:
In article ,
says...

The miniUSB
seems to have become a fairly standard connector for most phones the
last couple ofyears.

That'll be because it's become a standard!

http://www.mobile-computing-news.co..../micro-usb-to-
become-phone-charger-standard.html

Only because China did what the EU *could* have done years ago, and
made it law. Clearly any talk of natural resources is complete guff,
if simple tasks like mandating charger design to prevent every phone
needing it's own charger aren't addressed.

The phrase "natural resources" and/or *_any_* talk of being "green" or
"eco-friendly" should never be used with reference to the mobile phone
industry anyway. I can't think of any other industry that's quite as
wasteful as them when they automatically give everyone a brand new phone
just on renewal of contract. What's wrong with their old phone? They've only
had it 12 or 18 months FFS!!

I think I remember reading somewhere that there's over 90 MILLION mobile
phones in the UK. There should be a law that makes everyone use their
existing phone until it's beyond economic repair then they can have a new
one. Personally, I believe that all this global warming, green eco-********
stuff is crap and that the planet is just going through natural thermal
cycling, but even I can see that so many resources going into needless
mobile phones is plain wrong.

Rant over :-)