Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Ikea Wooden shelving - OTish question

In article , The
Night Tripper writes
Hi all
many of you will know the cheap & cheerful Ikea 'Gorm' wooden shelving,
useful for garage storage etc.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30058508

Now IIRC Ikea changed the design of this some years ago - the newer stuff is
significantly lighter weight than the original, with smaller screws etc.

What I'm not sure about is if the older stuff had the same name (Gorm), or a
different one. I'd like to find some old stuff to match what I currently
have, and am not sure if I need to search for a dffereent term.

In case it helps, the Gorm style shelves are the simplest to diy from
odds & ends of timber. I have done some beefier ones using 95x18
verticals, 50mm sq front to back shelf supports and solid 18mm sheathing
ply or osb decks (depending which is cheapest at the time). Coachscrews
from Toolstation.

Btw, were you aware that you hijacked the Nokia chargers thread when
writing your o/p?
--
fred