Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Free Books

Lobby Dosser wrote:
For those who are not aware of Google's free eBooks, let me recommend
them for furniture styles and hand tool woodworking. Hundreds of titles
from the 19th and early 20th centuries.

Search: furniture
Click: more
Click: books
Click: Free Google eBooks (about halfway down the menu column)

These books can be downloaded in pdf format. Ping me if you need help.

LD

Following your directions, I quickly ran across:

The practical cabinet maker and furniture designer's assistant: with
essays ... By Frederick Thomas Hodgson

I only read the preface, but it was an interesting read (on the old
versus the new--and in this case, new is about 1910). Interesting stuff.

Bill