Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Nokia chargers

On 4/5/2011 3:15 PM, John Williamson wrote:
S Viemeister wrote:
We have an ample supply of Nokia wall and car chargers with the round
connectors, both large and mini, and a couple of large-to-mini
adapters. Our new phones, however, use a miniature USB connector. Is
there an adapter available to allow use of the old chargers with the
new phones?

I've had one that went the other way. Special offer at PC World a while
ago.

The problem with old Nokia adaptors is that they use 3.7 or 5.7 volts,
and the phones are reasonably picky about what they accept. The miniUSB
seems to have become a fairly standard connector for most phones the
last couple ofyears.

I've just found one, made by Nokia.
CA-146C - it's compatible with AC4, AC5, DC9, ACP12/AC10, etc, and
accepts both the 2.0mm and 3.5mm chargers.