Doug Winterburn

Default Thoughts On Why We Are Getting Our Ass Kicked

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 02:47:54 +0000, S S Law NH wrote:

Doug Winterburn

Quoted:

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 00:20:23 +0000, gabriel wrote:

This is not a new concept... I would buy it if everyione had started
demanding health care in recent years. What is truly happening is health
care cost is going up, with benefits going down. How do you explain
that?

And wrote::

"Lawyers."

Brilliant, Dougie; what did you want to be when you grew up?

Looking at you email id, would you deny that huge medical malpractice
settlements have not only driven up the cost of healthcare because of
increasaed insurance costs for doctors, and have led many doctors to
abandon their practices?

I'm already grown up and retired and have just had my health insurance
cost increase 50% in one year - and it ain't all because of the pill
manufacturers by any stretch. Tort reform is way overdue.

-Doug