Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y
Mark Zacharias[_3_] Mark Zacharias[_3_] is offline

Default AVO 8 Mk 4 ...

"JW" wrote in message
On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 05:27:44 GMT lid
(Windmill) wrote in Message id: :

Mike Tomlinson writes:

In article , Arfa Daily
writes
Even more annoying is that I have damaged the
meter by my own stupidity
Measured the resistance of the mains?

You too, eh?
But they are indeed tough beasts; apart from a shaky ohms-adjust pot
it's still working 25 years later.

Doubtful if you could do that with a modern DVM and get away with it.

Not a cheap one maybe. My bench meter is a Keithley 2000 that will take
1KV peak when in resistance mode. Not that I'd do it on purpose, though...

A Fluke 80 series III or later can survive this - not sure about the
original 80 series.
I wouldn't do it intentionally just to prove a point, though...

Mark Z.