Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Foregoing warranty rights

On 4/3/2011 3:42 PM William Sommerwerck spake thus:

So--and this is completely out of left field, I know -- what
would happen if a guy put a vacuum tube -- say a biggish
octal one, like a 5Y3 or a 6V6 -- into a microwave and
nuked it?

You'd certainly get arcing from the pins. It's not obvious (to me) how the
tube's elements would react.

Ah, I forgot about the pins. OK, let's say we really have too much time
on our hands and want to continue the experiment, so we get something to
plug the tube into, say a pin straightener, with no exposed metal. What
then?

(What I'm hoping for, of course, is some kewl effect, like that purplish
glow you sometimes see emanating from the plates of overdriven tubes ...)

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
nuttin
wan2 hang