Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Foregoing warranty rights

William Sommerwerck wrote:

That isn't quite so stupid as it sounds. Even though I had a good grasp of
electronics as a teenager, I didn't understand this.

I can understand this, but anyone born after 1970 probably had their bottles
heated in a microwave and have grown up with one. That makes it likely
that they were taught as infants you never put metal into a microwave,
and although there are some exceptions (they probably don't know them)

In fact, anyone with a computer capable of playing youtube videos or a tv
with the discovery channel has seen the effect of a microwave on a CD.

On the other hand, a coffee percolator is not a young person's device,
only people who drank their coffee before Mr. Coffee, Melita filters,
and Starbucks would even think of using one. I'm sure there are a lot of
older people out there who would buy one but have never quite grasped
the concept of no metal in a micro. :-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.