Posted to sci.electronics.repair,uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default AVO 8 Mk 4 ...

In message , Arfa Daily
writes

"Robin" wrote in message
I just went and looked at a BAMA mirror site, and lo ! I have found a
file that says it's for the Mk IV. I've downloaded it, but now need
to find some software to open it. It says that it is .DJVU format ??

The site has links to viewers: see eg
http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/avo FWIW I use Irfan. And you will
need then the djvu plug-in (from the same site). But I am sorry to
have to tell you that if you have downloaded mk4elect.djvu it is the
manual for the Avo Electronic Testmeter Mark 4. (I know 'cos I got
some of my manuals from BAMA and looked there yesterday when you
first asked: I am *really* looking for excuses not to get back to
crawling around in the loft!)

-- Robin
PM may be sent to rbw0{at}hotmail{dot}com

I got me a viewer (I actually have Irfan as well, but didn't realise it
did these djvu's) and yes, you are quite right, it is the wrong one,
even though it appears to be listed as one of the 8's. Anyways, meter
is now fixed - see my later post ! :-)

You can get your own DJVU maker (+viewer) here (and several other
interesting things):
http://www.tuberadio.it/
http://www.tuberadio.it/utils.htm
http://www.tuberadio.it/download/dvs31.exe