Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Apartment building fire

"ransley" wrote in message
On Apr 1, 10:04 pm, "Robert Green" wrote:
"ransley" wrote in message

stuff snipped

Gang related, a gasolene bomb, and they went for the wrong guy the
cops said. So it spread real fast at 330 am on the coldest night of
the year, near 0. 47 doors and windows the fire dept busted out,

Yeow! Is this California? No wait, not at 0 degrees. California is what I
think when I hear the words "gang related" although I realize gangs are
everywhere these days. I read some Mexican gang has a nationwide dialup &
deliver heroin franchise and that they solict new customers in the parking
lots of drug rehab clinics. They use beater cars and burner phones and
never carry more than one delivery at a time. Even when they catch them,
they can't make trafficking stick because of the small amounts. Forfeiting
a beater Cheby and a $10 throw-away phone is not much of a penalty. When
they do manage to get themselves jailed, they recruit new members for

their
crew.

Sorry about your loss. You can do everything right and still get nailed.
Who said there's no such that as luck? There's definitely good AND bad
luck! I went through a subzero fire. What the fire didn't burn, the
fireman chopped, drowned and froze. But this was a rowhouse and I
understand the need to keep fires contained quickly, especially on windy
nights, before they spread to other houses. I've known of whole blocks of
rowhouses that went up in flames from a single ignition point. When it was
all over it started snowing. It's an eerie feeling watching moonlit
snowflakes falling into what's left of your living room. )-:

--
Bobby G.

Yes gangs, in Chicago, just a few can ruin a neighborhood, or whole
town or maybe our country. They sure are ruining their home country
Mexico.

Got 'em here in DC. Won't even type their name as they seem to ego surf for
bad publicity. (-: I feel like I know Chicagoland because WGN is one of the
few channels left on my Comcast Basic Cable Screwjob. I've also been
watching the Chicago Code on TV. Pretty entertaining. Lots of scenes
filmed in and around town. Lived in Buffalo for a while, so I know about
lake effect snow, too. There were ropes rigged alongside all the building
pathways at U of B because the wind and snow and ice got so bad in the
winter. I remember pulling myself along to reach an 8AM chem class thinking
"I thought I was going to college, not climbing Mt. Everest with a load of
textbooks!"

We had a great anti-gang task force but that got defunded just in time for
what I predict will be a rise in criminal activity due to the economy. It's
just part of the great boom/bust cycle.

--
Bobby G.