Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Snapper hi-vac mower

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
Taking a long shot here, seeing if anyone might have had one of these. I
have an old Snapper hi-vac walk behind mower, the 21" side discharge one,
and need to replace the rear wheels.

The rear wheels, if you remember, were attached to an axle, and I need to
remove the wheels from the axle. Of course, after loosening the nut, they
don't just pull off.

I called the local shop, and the counter gal said they get stuck on there,
and agreed with my idea of using a puller against the axle to get the
wheel off.

Has anyone done this, and able to verify this as being the correct
procedure?

Thanks,

Jon

Mis-read that the first time so I will say +1 on the liquid wrench or
similar spray compound.spay well and let it sit overnight.

Yes I can see a puller working on small wheel like that but for the life of
me I could not figure out how to do it on the rider version.

Colbyt