Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question about grout removal

On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 13:49:33 -0400, "
wrote:

On 4/1/2011 11:48 AM, Cheri wrote:

I want to buy something that will remove a thick line of tile grout
behind my kitchen sink. What kind of electric type saw/remover do I need
to do it quickly and easily? I don't want to spend a lot of money on it
because it won't be used often, and I don't want to use one of those
little hand tools with the teeth. Thanks.

Cheri

Dremel tool, with grout bit and guide. Behind a sink may not have room
for the guide...probably two inches wide.

That works, but it is neither quick nor easy. Not cheap, either. Those bits
are expensive, though you can save 70% by buying them online.