Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Phil Kangas[_3_] Phil Kangas[_3_] is offline

Default Headlight delay setting

"Erik"
Phil,

Glad your problem is solved!

If you want to get a set of 'for real' factory
shop manuals for the car,
check this outfit:

http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/

Check them for an owners manual too.

I always get factory shop manuals for my cars...
the two times I bought
new, I got the dealers to throw them in as part
of the deal. I suggest
getting them all, as there will probably be
multiple volumes.

I have no personal affiliation or experience
with Faxon, but several
friends have been more than impressed with them.

Erik

Here's another site for manuals:

www.books4cars.com

Another strange thing I found on this car was the
headlight
alignment set by the previous owner. The high beam
was
set up as far as possible and the low beam was set
close.
Why, I wondered, is it like that? Since the car
came from
Milwaukee perhaps it was used a lot in heavy
traffic and
the highs were not used much so were set high to
see the
highway exit signs? And the low beams low so as to
not
annoy the car ahead? Maybe........