Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Mounting timer & outlet in a box

On Mar 29, 7:56*am, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
Ya know those wind-up timers you sometimes (or used to) see in hotel
bathrooms for the heat lamps? I need to mount one of those, and an outlet in
a metal box. It'll be used for a portable electric heater which we regularly
forget to turn off. For grounding purposes, should the green from the
outlet, timer and cord all be attached to the box itself?

Make sure the timer can handle the current drawn by the heater. I have
one that is rated at 1KW, that would be too small for most electric
heaters. Most of the little plug in heaters ar rated at
1500W.....timer should handle at least that preferably more.

JImmie