Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Snapper hi-vac mower

Jon Danniken wrote:
Taking a long shot here, seeing if anyone might have had one of
these. I have an old Snapper hi-vac walk behind mower, the 21" side
discharge one, and need to replace the rear wheels.

The rear wheels, if you remember, were attached to an axle, and I
need to remove the wheels from the axle. Of course, after loosening
the nut, they don't just pull off.

I called the local shop, and the counter gal said they get stuck on
there, and agreed with my idea of using a puller against the axle to
get the wheel off.

Has anyone done this, and able to verify this as being the correct
procedure?

I haven't. But before you do that, go to the auto parts store and get some
spray stuff used to loosen frozen nuts/bolts. The counter guy can advise you
on the best product.

Slather that stuff on the axle. Wait. Remove wheel.

I'm amazed at how well these "frozen bolt remover" compounds are.