Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Phil Kangas[_3_] Phil Kangas[_3_] is offline

Default Headlight delay setting

"Cross-Slide" wrote in
message
On Apr 1, 1:37 pm, Cross-Slide
wrote:
On Apr 1, 12:29 pm, "Phil Kangas"
wrote:

I don't think this is too far off topic as it
involves
cars and electricity and wiring so here goes:

Recently I bought a buick, yes I did buy a
buick,
an '03 Century with low miles in good shape
but one thing really gets my goat and that is
the
headlight off delay when you shut down the
car!
The headlights stay on for 90 seconds and
there
apparently is no way to change that! I
contacted
three local repair shops and three GM dealers
for info on how to change this time to zero.
Only
one dealer called back to say it was not
possible
to change it! Now who, I say _who_ , is the
dumbass who decided that it is a good idea to
have the lights act this way? Huh? I'm ready
look into the wiring on this thing and run
wires
to a toggle switch to shut them off, I'm
****ed.....
Any ideas out there on what to do?
I didn't get any manuals for this car, yet....
but the dealers and auto shops should have
one.
phil k.

On my Oldsmobile, if the lights are still on,
and on "AUTO", you flip
the switch to "ON" Then back to "AUTO" and they
immediately turn off.

Does someone want to copy this response, so that
the OP gets the
answer he is asking for?

Here is the answer, and he is complaining that no
one knows the
answer...

Holy Whuh Cross Slide! I just logged on to check
this thread
and found your post and by golly you are right! I
went out and
tried it and you are right! Thank You man,
salute..... ;)}
3 shops and 3 dealers didn't know to tell me that,
heh heh...
phil k.