Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Cross-Slide Cross-Slide is offline

Default Headlight delay setting

On Apr 1, 1:37*pm, Cross-Slide wrote:
On Apr 1, 12:29*pm, "Phil Kangas" wrote:

I don't think this is too far off topic as it
involves
cars and electricity and wiring so here goes:

Recently I bought a buick, yes I did buy a buick,
an '03 Century with low miles in good shape
but one thing really gets my goat and that is the
headlight off delay when you shut down the car!
The headlights stay on for 90 seconds and there
apparently is no way to change that! I contacted
three local repair shops and three GM dealers
for info on how to change this time to zero. Only
one dealer called back to say it was not possible
to change it! Now who, I say _who_ , is the
dumbass who decided that it is a good idea to
have the lights act this way? Huh? I'm ready to
look into the wiring on this thing and run wires
to a toggle switch to shut them off, I'm
****ed.....
Any ideas out there on what to do?
I didn't get any manuals for this car, yet....
but the dealers and auto shops should have one.
phil k.

On my Oldsmobile, if the lights are still on, and on "AUTO", you flip
the switch to "ON" Then back to "AUTO" and they immediately turn off.

Does someone want to copy this response, so that the OP gets the
answer he is asking for?

Here is the answer, and he is complaining that no one knows the
answer...