Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default Question about grout removal

"jamesgangnc" wrote in message
On Apr 1, 1:51 pm, "Cheri" wrote:
wrote in message

m...

On 4/1/2011 11:48 AM, Cheri wrote:

I want to buy something that will remove a thick line of tile grout
behind my kitchen sink. What kind of electric type saw/remover do I
need
to do it quickly and easily? I don't want to spend a lot of money on it
because it won't be used often, and I don't want to use one of those
little hand tools with the teeth. Thanks.

Cheri

Dremel tool, with grout bit and guide. Behind a sink may not have room
for the guide...probably two inches wide.

TY, I hadn't considered that, there isn't much room there.

Cheri

Are your plans to regrout? Manually scraping out a small area of
grout is really not that bad.
========

I am. It's not just behind the sink, it's about 4 feet long due to THE GROUT
DOCTOR S.O.B doing such a lousy job that the seam is really wide and ugly,
he just put new grout over the old grout and totally uneven at that. It's
nasty looking and I just had new trim tile put around the sink, so it's got
to go because it looks twice as bad now.

Cheri