BIG JOE

Default New Woodworking Magazine? - a short review

Where did you guys find it in Milwaukee? I had to order mine.

Also, I notice you both use your wi.rr.com accounts without screwing
them up. I've been afraid to use mine for fear of spam. Does Time
Warner do a good job of filtering, or what are you doing special?

Joe

"Bob Schmall" wrote in message ...
"Unisaw A100" wrote in message
Like charlie b and others I also bought the premiere issue
of Woodworking Magazine and here is what I found.

It has some great articles.
It has some good articles.
It has some bad articles.

To make a long review short, I will be buying Issue II.

UA100

I spent 15 years in print media, so I look at Woodworking from a different
angle. I'm afraid that it isn't going to find a niche in a crowded field. $7
per issue of a "thin" magazine (ads or no ads, it's a perception) may price
it out of sight for the beginner, the guy who is in the target audience. The
book is very well designed, good paper stock, nice photos well-reproduced,
and easy to use. But nowhere does it say "for the beginner" and its very
look and feel may lead a potential buyer to think it's beyond them. It just
didn't seem to have much meat. Of course these are just my opinions--I'll be
buying #2 also.

Bob