Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Holding round objects in vise

"Ignoramus7104" wrote in message
Once in a while, i need to hold round objects. It would be either
thin, flat round things, or, conversely, tall things.

The axis of the round object would be parallel to Z.

What is the right way to hold them in a vise? With vee blocks?
Anything else?

My 2 larger screw less vises both have V cuts in one jaw that work fine for
most round objects. Actually two V cuts. One horizontal and one vertical.
This allows my to mill on the end of a small round object or square off the
end of a long piece of tube or rod.