Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chipped teeth on saw blades, cutting aluminum...

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 07:13:41 -0700, Winston

(...)

You'd get a lot more joints out of that ounce of flux and filler than
out of a similar quantity of filler rod and a jar of flux by the time
you clean up the joint. The stuff is really meant for furnace
brazing, though, where you have your parts rolling through on a belt
instead of guy with a torch doing onesies. I've used it for gun work
for putting sights and ramps on, good stuff. Just a mite spendy in
today's metal market.

In just a few minutes of searching, I found a blade that will
do the job for about 50% more than the Irwin blades HF
used to sell:
http://www.toolbarn.com/bosch-cb1260.html

I guess I won't get into the saw blade repair business just yet.

Grok that. I'll be needing a new blade for my HF 12" CMS this year,
so I'll likely get one of those. It hurts to pay 1/3 the price of the
tool for a replacement blade, tho.

From a bumper sticker seen in this morning's email:

I just can't get started until
I've hade a piping hot pot
of coffee in the morning.

Oh, I've tried other enemas...

---
and

Live each day like it's your last. One day you'll get it right.

--
You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will
preserve for our children this, the last best hope