Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Chipped teeth on saw blades, cutting aluminum...

wrote:

(...)

You'd get a lot more joints out of that ounce of flux and filler than
out of a similar quantity of filler rod and a jar of flux by the time
you clean up the joint. The stuff is really meant for furnace
brazing, though, where you have your parts rolling through on a belt
instead of guy with a torch doing onesies. I've used it for gun work
for putting sights and ramps on, good stuff. Just a mite spendy in
today's metal market.

In just a few minutes of searching, I found a blade that will
do the job for about 50% more than the Irwin blades HF
used to sell:
http://www.toolbarn.com/bosch-cb1260.html

I guess I won't get into the saw blade repair business just yet.

--Winston