Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheryl[_2_] Cheryl[_2_] is offline

Default Deterring wood peckers

On 3/29/2011 2:12 AM, J wrote:
Yes, I had the same problem. I made some metal streamers that turn
in the wind and it worked. I bought some wire and shiny metal at Ace
hardware and made my own. Use all metal and they will last longer
than with string. About every 10 feet or so around the house will
scare them away.

The bird flash streamer stuff has been effective! But he moved to a spot
without any, so I have to hang more. Turns out the little pecker isn't
pounding at the siding, he's going after the metal gutter. What a
racket it makes. I figure he's trying to attract a mate.