Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default I need a door recommendation

On Mar 30, 2:39*pm, Limp Arbor wrote:

I'm intrigued by the sheave & track link you posted. *I do see how
cleanliness could be a problem especially with two kids. *Who knows
what they may shove in the slot between the door and the split jam.

I like the floor tracks as they add more flexibility and are another
tool in the arsenal. I had one project, a bathroom under the rafters,
and we wanted to put in sliding closet doors as any swing doors would
be a problem in the tight space. Since the doors were to be 15 light
french style doors, cutting them down enough to allow a top track and
still have them look good was not possible. The sheaves and track
were just the ticket. I built up a custom header track that was
sloped to follow the roof and bolted that to the rafters. I used some
metal patina from my stained glass work to change the brass track to a
dark bronze to match the rest of the oil-rubbed brown hardware and
plumbing in the bathroom. Worked out well.

I would think that with the Johnson hardware I could add the wheel at
the bottom if I wanted to. *You could probably even remove the door
without taking the trim off be releasing the clips at the top. *If
this is true then cleaning the track or removing some offending toy
shoved in there wouldn't be too much trouble.

Most pocket door problems start with the installation. You don't want
wheels on a track at top and bottom. That will cause problems. Pick
either one and go with it. Do your research and have at it. It'll be
fine.