Posted to alt.home.repair
K. Lance K. Lance is offline

Default OT What does a Tomohawk missile cost?

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
4...
"Ralph Mowery" wrote in
m:

"Robert Green" wrote in message
"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
m...

"K. Lance" wrote in message

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
m...
I have seen it listed from $ 600,000 to $ 1.2 million. Not sure
if the
higher price would include an atomic warhead or if that is just
the
high
expolosive version.

Try eBay or Craig's List, I've seen them on there for half the
cost.

I am saving my boxtops for one.
Either that or order one from China.

That's not as funny as you think. If China for any reason had to go
to war,
they have tremendous manufacturing capacity (as we had in WWII) to
make weapons. Right now they're making anti-ship missiles and
special "carrier killer" torpedoes in amounts that are essentially
indefensible against. They're able to do it using former Soviet
weapons designers and because they
have mass manufacturing know-how (they got from us!) and cheap labor.
Our military may not be ready to face a force that can seriously
hurt it - we've
been up to our necks fighting goat-herders and suicide bombers, not a
credible national military force. Especially one that wants to prove
it deserves a place at the table of world powers. Taiwan is where
you can expect WWIII to start, and if we open up any more SOLIC's
like Libya, they may feel the time may never be better to assert
control over Taiwan by military force.

--
Bobby G.

I agree. China has the population and could crank out lots of war
materials if they need to.

If it really comes to WW3 our carrirers will not be worth much. A
nuke exploded within a couple of miles will take them out. What does
China call their anti ship missle, a Silkworm ? Anyway if they launch
6 or 8 at a time,the carrier does not stand much chance even without a
nuke. That is what hapened to Germany in ww2. They had a superior
tank, but the US would send 5 of the Shermans after one. Usually lost
3 or 4 to get each German tank.
I think part of the Vietnam problem was we did not really want China
to get involved and that was close to 40 years ago.

first they have to FIND the carriers,(the sea is a very large place) then
get through the AEGIS ships.
Silkworms are OLD tech,easy to defeat.
the Sunburn's are faster and harder to defeat,but still doable.

Yeah, China probably never heard of satellites, so they are clueless where
the carriers are. Thanks, but you made my day!