Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Chipped teeth on saw blades, cutting aluminum...

Existential Angst wrote:

(...)

Heh, this is an inneresting Q: Can a DIY sucka re-braze carbide to a
blade??

Why not? This guy looks like he's done it once or twice.

Notice how he stripped the teeth off the entire blade instead of
trying to replace just one or two teeth. I bet there is a good
reason for that.

(Skip to 1:03)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmlj37zOvQw

Check out his rotating table! Cool!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UO2fcRkxB4

Nit mode: ON

The way I misunderstand flux is that it floats oxides away from the
joint root and keeps them from re-forming in that important area.

(Flux is magical stuff that can result in gorgeous - looking joints.

It hasn't anything directly to do with controlling the temperature
rise.)

At 6:33, he should have re-fluxed the joint. See how much more
nicely the next few joints look?

Nit mode: OFF

He is *right* about the 'white' flux. It is just unusable
because it oxidizes very quickly.

--Winston