Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT What does a Tomohawk missile cost?

On Mar 29, 3:14*pm, Jim Yanik wrote:
G. Morgan wrote :

mm wrote:

OT *What does a Tomohawk missile really cost?

CNN keeps saying 1.4 mil/per.

http://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact_di...&tid=1300&ct=2

says $569,000 each.
it doesn't say if that includes warhead.
I doubt it. a nuke WH(TLAM-N) would substantially raise the cost.
I don't believe the conventional WH is going to cost $831K,more than the
Tomahawk itself.

Which is actually pretty cheap compared to sending in manned aircraft.

You don't risk a pilot....
but you usually get the piloted aircraft back and can reuse it.
and you can attack multiple targets,and targets of opportunity.

TLAM is good for high-risk targets.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

But neither do you have to find and train pilots. As you don't have
to carry//support the pilot, the aircraft will be much smaller.

Air wars in the future will be fought with drones/robot planes.
All you need to win is the production line and the best technology/
tactics.
These robot aircraft willbe able to perform high G manouvers that no
human pilot could survive.
They are being designed right now in Europe and, I imagine, America
and Russia.