Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Cool sight today

wrote in message

stuff snipped

These days they would have air support that would keep everyone's head
down. That was the other plane that was impressive. An AC-130H
"Spectre" would have people digging their fox hole a little deeper.

Would that be the famous "Son of Puff the Magic Dragon?" I know a version
of that song that's way too politically incorrect to post here. The last
time I posted it I got cut to pieces even though it's an equal opportunity
offender of a song. I know the original Puffs were already long in the
tooth when they were used in the Vietnam war - I believe the Puffs were
built on the military version of the DC-3. I've seen footage of gunships
like the Spectre taking out entire city blocks in seconds. The
Panama/Noriega business, IIRC. Gotta love those miniguns. Talk about your
unique sounds. Designed and made by that tax cheat, GE! (-:

The only thing I've seen that's more impressive were tests of the stacked
bullet array guns called "MetalStorm" with firing rates in excess of 1
MILLION rounds per minute. Targets just disappear in a puff of smoke. Talk
about a "hail of bullets."

http://cseserv.engr.scu.edu/StudentW...earchPaper.htm

Good illustrations but too concerned with ethics. (-: That author merely
confirms the amazing lethality of these new guns by writing:

"Metal Storm military technology is too powerful to be classified as a
conventional weapon. While it only fires bullets, and does not unleash
biological, chemical, or radioactive toxins, it is still a technology that
is currently too powerful to be used for military applications."

I'll take "too powerful" over "not powerful enough" for OUR military weapons
any day. The large array metalstorm guns make a sound unlike anything
you've ever heard. Imagine the angriest beehive in the world and multiply
by 100,000. I've seen a troop carrier loaded with crash test dummies just
vanishing into a cloud of confetti. It's almost like a military Cuisinart
set to puree the enemy. Looks nothing like a conventional gun and more like
those black monoliths from the movie "2001." As you can imagine, DoD is
*very* interested in this technology, especially for defeating (shredding)
incoming missiles.

--
Bobby G.