Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Cool sight today

They also did a demo "mass drop" with the 82d Airborne. These guys
jumped from what looked like a few hundred feet. It was spooky. I sure
wouldn't want to be sitting in a fox hole watching that happen.
It was about 90 seconds after the plane went over that they had run,
screaming at us and mustered in front of the grandstand in full battle
gear. All I can say is the bad guys better know a short prayer.

I don't want to be one of them jumping on the badies, either. They're
"hanging out" in more than one way, until they get down.

That was the thing that was so impressive. These guys were so low, the
chute opened and they were on the ground. By the time the last stick
was off the ramp the first stick was running at us.
I don't know how they would have handled a malfunction.

During the training of Patton's troops in WWII, near Palm Springs, they set
two world records one night. They had the largest numbers of paratroopers
jump at night. And they jumped into the largest cholla forest in the WORLD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cylindropuntia_fulgida

Casualties were estimated at 80%.

Ouch!

I've quail hunted in southern Nevada where there is a lot of it. They call
it "jumping cactus" because no matter how careful you are, you can get stuck
by it. It doesn't really "jump"............ or does it?

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

Steve