Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT What does a Tomohawk missile cost?

On Mar 29, 9:45*am, harry wrote:
On Mar 29, 10:56*am, mm wrote:

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 00:50:23 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Mar 29, 8:25 am, DD_BobK wrote:
On Mar 28, 9:22 pm, "Steve B" wrote:

"mm" wrote in message

.. .

OT What does a Tomohawk missile really cost?

They keep saying a million dollars, or a little less, but does that
include amortizing billions of dollars of development costs?

What is the marginal cost of another missile?

It's hard to believe anything costs a million dollars after there is
an assembly line of sorts.

Hellfires are $82k per copy. Don't know about Tomahawk. That is a larger
surface launched missile, right? Love watching the Hellfire strikes on
youtube. Now you see 'em, now you don't.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

Hellfire ~100lbs
Tomahawk ~3000 lbs

Helfire range ~8km
Tomahawk range ~2500km

Based on performance & capacity ..... those Tomahawks look like a
bargain

But I wouldn't waste one even on heavy armor.

later (current?) procurement cycle supposed to reduce cost by ~50%
thus getting it down to ~ 1/2 million each

Our first 12 production units for the AH-64 Apache 30mm Ammunition
Magazine cost ~$150k each (1982) by the third production buy (120
units) we'd gotten the price down to $50k each.

Cost reduction is driven by learning curve, value engineering design
changes and lot size increases.

cheers
Bob- Hide quoted text -

Cost reduction is about increasing profit. *Absolutely nothing to do
with selling price.

You misunderstood him. *Price reduction is enabled by cost reduction.- Hide quoted text -

I don''t misunderstand at all. *Selling price is nothing to do with
the cost price except that cost price has to be less.
Re. the missiles, as there is no competition, there is no incentive to
reduce the price at all.
Capitalists like to eliminate competition so they have a monopoly &
charge what they like.
That's why the *******s come over here buying up our businesses &
closing them down.
The latest being Kraft foods and Cadbury.- Hide quoted text -

Gee harry, if the Britts are so damn smart, why can't they even stay
in
the candy business?