Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT What does a Tomohawk missile cost?

On Mar 29, 8:25*am, DD_BobK wrote:
On Mar 28, 9:22*pm, "Steve B" wrote:

"mm" wrote in message

.. .

OT *What does a Tomohawk missile really cost?

They keep saying a million dollars, or a little less, but does that
include amortizing billions of dollars of development costs?

What is the marginal cost of another missile?

It's hard to believe anything costs a million dollars after there is
an assembly line of sorts.

Hellfires are $82k per copy. *Don't know about Tomahawk. *That is a larger
surface launched missile, right? *Love watching the Hellfire strikes on
youtube. *Now you see 'em, now you don't.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

Hellfire ~100lbs
Tomahawk ~3000 lbs

Helfire range *~8km
Tomahawk range ~2500km

Based on performance & capacity *..... those Tomahawks look like a
bargain *

But I wouldn't waste one even on heavy armor.

later (current?) procurement cycle supposed to reduce cost by ~50%
thus getting it down to ~ 1/2 million each

Our first 12 production units for the AH-64 Apache 30mm Ammunition
Magazine cost ~$150k each (1982) *by the third production buy (120
units) we'd gotten the price down to $50k each.

Cost reduction is driven by learning curve, value engineering design
changes and lot size increases.

cheers
Bob- Hide quoted text -

Cost reduction is about increasing profit. Absolutely nothing to do
with selling price.