Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default pipe more flexible than PEX?

"mm" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 07:20:43 -0700 (PDT), Kyle
wrote:

On Mar 27, 7:13 am, mm wrote:
I have to check with my neighborss. We all have the same house
construction, and I doubt everyone drains their pipe for the winter,
like i did until two years ago. So now, one is drained and I don't
use it, but the other I have to get on a ladder and use a pliers to
open the knurled cap and the water runs onto things stored underneath,
and the knurling on the cap is wearing out.

IOW, it's marginal or maybe unnecessary whether draining is needed n
Baltimore. One two-month period I let it drip a little.

I'm guessing you live in the County, then, because no one living in
Baltimore City and paying those rates for water would waste it all
Winter like that! grin

It's worse than that. They forgot, or something, to put water meters
in my n'hood, so the 109 houses have only one meter and we split the
water evenly with each other, so anything I use only affects my bill
by 1% of it.

If you're just talking about a faucet that runs through heated space
and then through a wall to outside (like mine were when I lived in a
rowhouse in Loch Raven Village),

Hey, that's near me!

There seem to be a fair number of folks here from the Balt/DC area. We
should have a monthly lunch somewhere near the Laurel Harbor Freight. One
of my other groups does it and it's really a hoot to put faces to the posts.
And see if some of us really do have horns and a long, spaded tail. (-:

--
Bobby G.