Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default painting a window?

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:09:03 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

On Mar 27, 4:55*pm, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

I need to opaque out a windows. *Since the outside of the house is
white, I was thinking of painting the window white so it would not
look weird from the street.

My big issue is how to clean off the paint when the need no longer
exists. *Is there a particular paint that is easy to get off? *Or
is there a better way to temporarily opaque a window?

The wife already ruled out foil. *Looks too weird from the street.
(She has a point.) *And wind would cause havoc on it when I open
up the window. *(We have 30 to 60 mph winds out here.)

Many thanks,
-T

Replace temporarily with one- way glass (as in cop flix interrogation
room). You can see out; nabes can't see in. Doesn't look un-natural.

Great idea but I think you can see through it when it's light inside
and dark outside. At line-ups they have lights shining in their eyes.
DAMHIKT. Just kidding, I've never been to a line-up on either side.

HB