Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim W[_3_] Tim W[_3_] is offline

Default Wind output reaches new low..

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Tim W
scribeth thus

German Wind farms produced about 7% of the energy consumed in Germany in
2009. That is a heck of a significant delivery.

All of the time;?...

None of the time. To do that it would have to represent an average of 21%
of all German electrical generation (that being about 1/3rd of 'the energy
consumed in Germany')

which means that at times, it would exceed the total grid output..

Its a typical wind lobby lie.

I don't know what is going on in your head of course but I _think_ you have
muddled the import of energy with the import of electricity. That is why you
are making a nonsense of the facts and believe you are being lied to.

I believe Germany does import large amounts of gas for instance from Russia,
maybe its imports equate to 2/3 of its energy needs, but I am pretty sure it
doesn't import electricity on that scale. In fact the high levels of imports
of energy in fuel form must be to serve the power stations. You google the
figures. I have to go and do some work. Then come back and apologise to the
wind lobby LOL.

tim W