Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wind output reaches new low..

pete wrote:
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 09:58:28 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
You have to love all that diversity ('the wind is always blowing
somewhere'), in the equinoctial windiness of March, today the metered
wind output (23MW) dipped below 1% of 'metered capacity' and looks to
stay that way all day.

1% of metered capacity, huh?
... the answer, then, is just to build 100 times more of them

And still only make iot less than 10% of teh grid capacity required to
run the country.

Make that 1000 time as as many, with no inch of land or sea left
unbesmirched..and then when the wind does blow, we can throw 99% of the
power away.

Of course we will still be CHARGED for it. We pay for wind power whether
we can use it or not. Whether it does any good or not.