Posted to alt.home.repair

Default painting a window?

If it's a temporary need, corrugated cardboard can be
stapled onto the sash.

Paint on glass, is a PIA to remove. Avoid that idea.

You can staple a bedsheet over the inner window frame, and
then staple black plastic sheeting (from the hardware store)
over the bedsheet.

As the other poster asked, what's the need?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Todd" wrote in message
Hi All,

I need to opaque out a windows. Since the outside of the
house is
white, I was thinking of painting the window white so it
would not
look weird from the street.

My big issue is how to clean off the paint when the need no
longer
exists. Is there a particular paint that is easy to get
off? Or
is there a better way to temporarily opaque a window?

The wife already ruled out foil. Looks too weird from the
street.
(She has a point.) And wind would cause havoc on it when I
open
up the window. (We have 30 to 60 mph winds out here.)

Many thanks,
-T