Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Cool sight today

Steve B wrote the following:
Driving northward past Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada, and coming straight at
us on final southerly approach, a C-130. Unknown if just a cargo carrier,
or a Spooky, but one big fat slow beautiful airplane. My wife saw it first
and quipped, "What the hell is that?" It takes a lot to get her attention.
I just said it was a weapons platform that you would not want looking for
you.

Steve

I live within a few miles of Stewart International Airport (SWF). Also
stationed there is the 105th ANG with 13 C-5A Galaxies that have flown
over my house since I moved here in 1984. Unfortunately, the giant C-5As
are to be replaced by 8 of the smaller C-17s this Summer. I will miss
those big birds as they floated overhead looking like they were doing 30
MPH.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY