Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Disc Sander Question

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
I just bought a Harbor Freight 10" Disc Sander.

If I place a straight edge across the face of the disc, it's not flat.
It is "higher" in the center of the disc, i.e. the straight edge rocks
from side to side. With the straight edge held flat against the one
side of the face, there's about a 1/16"gap at the opposite edge of the
disc.

I'm new to disc sanders, so I'm not sure if this is an issue or not.

Thanks for your comments on this situation.

Not blaming you for wanting to save some money but you might not be able to
find a place that sells lower quality tools. For a sander that size expect
to pay in the $150~$200 range for something tollerable.

With a surface like what you described you might be lucky to be able to keep
sand paper stuck to the surface.