Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default A Plumbing Question....

On 3/26/2011 3:05 PM, mm wrote:
On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 11:16:54 -0600, (Papa Pat)
wrote:

Is there a connector for a washing machine water outlet, that has two
separate water outlets?

I think they would be in the garden department. Washing machine hoses
and garden hoses use the same threads.

I have a silver colored metal Y connector, about 2 inches long, with
yellow levers to turn each output on and off. Got it at a yard sale,
not sure I've ever used it.

I've had to tighten some garden hoses with pliers the last little bit
to stop them from leaking, and make sure the rubber washer is in the
female end.

One would supply water to the W/M, and the other could be used for an
external water hoselike to water down an outside patio on the 2nd
floor of my condo.

Until you're certain it's not leaking, I'd keep the hose going to th
outside conneced and the end of it outside, where dripping won't
damage anything.

I'd suggest a sturdy trash can or bucket as a home for the utility hose,
so as to not let bugs in through the open door or window. But what I
would really suggest is getting a plumber in to add a freeze-proof hose
bib on the deck. If the wet wall the washer is on tees into the outside
wall by the deck, they should be able to add it pretty painlessly, with
only a small area of drywall to patch. Or if that part of wall is behind
the washer and a counter or something, just cover the hole with masonite
painted the same color and screwed into place, to make any needed future
upkeep easier.

--
aem sends....