Posted to alt.home.repair
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default A Plumbing Question....

On Mar 26, 1:16*pm, (Papa Pat) wrote:
Is there a connector for a washing machine water outlet, that has two
separate water outlets?

One would supply water to the W/M, and the other could be used for an
external water hose like to water down an outside patio on the 2nd
floor of my condo.

A splitter, I guess you might call it.

How does it work?
How do you switch it back and forth?
Is this worth my trouble?
Any leaking to speak of?

I have very little experience with plumbing.

I also am 71yrs. old with bad pain in my hands did you need to know
that? :-)

Thanks for any help. I read this ng all the time...very good advice
given... :-)

You need a hose Y. Here's one from Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

You should probably have a shut-off on the hose connected to it so
that you don't have to reach behind the washer every time you need to
turn it on or off.

We have one in our laundry room. One side feeds the washing machine
and the other feeds a hose going through the wall to my wife's
greenhouse.

Paul