Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Villa Bob Villa is offline

Default Broken drill bits embedded ...

On Mar 25, 5:24*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
To add some clarity. When drilling deep holes, it's
necessary to keep the drill spinning, and pull the bit out,
frequently. In some cases, drilling as much as 1/4 inch of
new material requires that you pull the bit out, and get the
chips out of the "flutes" or grooves, in the bit.

I doubt many machine shops can end mill a 3/32 bit. Who
knows? Maybe.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Smitty Two"
wrote in messagenews
First, learn to drill. You can't just plunge through 2" of
oak in one
big attack. You have to relieve the chips regularly.

I've never had a drill stuck so tight in wood that putting
the drill
motor in reverse couldn't back it out. But if you do break
it off, take
it to a machine shop and let them cut through the broken bit
with a
carbide end mill.

Smitty covered this...