Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Cool sight today

On Mar 26, 2:30*am, "Steve B" wrote:
Driving northward past Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada, and coming straight at
us on final southerly approach, a C-130. *Unknown if just a cargo carrier,
or a Spooky, but one big fat slow beautiful airplane. *My wife saw it first
and quipped, "What the hell is that?" *It takes a lot to get her attention.
I just said it was a weapons platform that you would not want looking for
you.

Steve

I see them here in the UK often. They fly below my house, which is on
a low hill. Definately spooky. You hear them about five seconds
before you see them. As they are in camaflage and below me, it takes
a few seconds to spot them as they go by.
Occasionally they pass over my house at less then fifty feet I would
say.
I dunno whether they have terrain following radar. If not, I hope the
pilot never blinks.