Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Cool sight today

Steve B wrote:
Driving northward past Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada, and coming straight at
us on final southerly approach, a C-130. Unknown if just a cargo carrier,
or a Spooky, but one big fat slow beautiful airplane. My wife saw it first
and quipped, "What the hell is that?" It takes a lot to get her attention.
I just said it was a weapons platform that you would not want looking for
you.

Steve

Hi,
Brings back memory during days in 'Nam in late '60s. Once I was sitting
on top of fully loaded ammunition cargo pile going on a TDY in a hurry.
Guess what? looking out one engine on the starboard side was smoking but
no flame. Pilot cut out the engine and landed at destination
w/o a hitch. At the time I was a bit scared and did not feel good until
I stood on the ground. C-130 went thru a lot of evolution over the
years. One of best flying workhorse around. I used to fly around in
Caribou twin engine job too which can take off on short runway.
And Huey chopper.