Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default OT. Free Shipping Lee Valley

I was ok with the turnaround time. I didn't call them to return it, I
just dropped it in the mail with their return slip.
I had it back 2 weeks 1 day. Not bad. If I had called it would be a
different story. I'm happy, they sent me a new blade, I am happy with
the quality of their merchandise and will use them again.

On 3/20/2011 1:43 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
I just bought a LV low angle Jack Plane and 2 blades. I already had a
jack, but I needed a high angle for some tough figure. The low angle
Jack fit the bill, since I can easily change blades...
One of them came in dinged. I didn't feel like sharpening the O2 that
far in... the ding was extensive. So I sent it back for an exchange.
Its 2 weeks already, so I sent an email yesterday and they said it
shipped Thursday. Good service. No shipping cost for the replacement.
That's good service. Most companies you pay the cost to ship it back.
That sucks big time, since it is costing you to cover their mistake or
lack of QC.

I will be ordering some things next week from LV... Good company, good
service. But like others, you pick and choose what you are willing to
pay for.

On 3/20/2011 5:36 AM, Bill wrote:
Upscale wrote:
wrote in message
It's interesting (to me at least) how they are offering a discount
while
not "cheapening their brand". They want you to get accustomed to those
high prices! ; )

Cheapening their brand could well cheapen their other outstanding
product.
That product is service. I'd estimate that out of all their products
I've
bought, I've returned 10-15% of their products for a full, unquestioned
refund. Whether it's the product's unsuitablity or just my change of
heart,
I've never had any type of argument or hint of refusal to return
something.
Be it three weeks or three months, it's all the same. That type of
customer
service costs money and time, a type of service many other companies
toss
by the wayside. Id much rather pay the expense of that type of service
and
received immediate, unquestioned response than benefit from the
occasional
'cheapening' of their brand.

Not me. I buy my cars used from auto dealerships, and that mean "As-Is,
Where-Is", without even a warrantee of fitness for any purpose. I'd
rather buy products from Lee Valley or Lie Nielson on similar terms, and
avoid the costs associated with being an "expensive customer" to
service. Unfortunately, expensive customers (and I have known some)
raise the prices for everyone.

Bill